Important Security Information For All Patrons
Patrons are being asked to remember five key things ahead of their next visit to Adelaide Oval:
- Arrive early: Increased security measures will have an impact on the time taken to admit patrons to the stadium. Please allow an extra 20 minutes and don’t leave your arrival until the last minute.
- Be patient: Security inspections take time, so please understand it will likely take a little longer to move people into the stadium.
- Limit the number of bags you bring: Each bag has to be inspected, so the more you bring the longer it will take. Please prepare your bags for inspection by our staff.
- Co-operate with staff at all times: Our security and event staff are doing an important job, so please help them by co-operating at all times.
- Be our eyes and ears: If you see something you think is suspicious, immediately inform one of our staff or police.
Please also note that the AOSMA Conditions of Entry allow security to inspect and search patrons and their belongings by means of handheld or fixed wands, scanners or detectors or pat-down.
To report antisocial or inappropriate behaviour during games please text Adelaide Oval Security on 0400 TELL US.
Conditions of Entry
For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following conditions of entry apply to all Adelaide Oval attendees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Adelaide Oval is located 400 metres from the CBD and just a few minutes’ walk from public transport networks (train, bus and tram). Patrons are strongly encouraged to use public transport when attending events at Adelaide Oval.
The Adelaide Railway Station is located on North Terrace, approximatley a five-minute walk across the Riverbank footbridge or via King William Street. For timetables and more information visit the Adelaide Metro website.
Trams operate between Glenelg and the city with stops located on North Terrace and King William Road (outside the Adelaide Festival Centre). For timetables and more information please visit the Adelaide Metro website.
Bus services run throughout the Adelaide metropolitan area and service several bus stops in the vicinity of Adelaide Oval. Refer to the Adelaide Metro website for details.
On major event days taxi ranks and drop-off zones are located on Pennington Terrace and King William Road.
Adelaide Oval Express Services
For most major events at Adelaide Oval patrons can take advantage of the Adelaide Oval Express Services across train, tram and bus routes. Travel is free upon presentation of a valid event ticket.
Did this answer your question?
Adelaide Oval food and beverage outlets now accept payment by card only. This assists with speed of service and also reflects the strong consumer trend towards increased use of ‘tap and go’ payment facilities.
All credit, debit and EFTPOS cards are accepted and all are exempt of surcharges. Patrons attending Adelaide Oval with cash only will be able to exchange it for a complimentary ‘Cash Card’ via Cash to Card Exchange booths located around the stadium.
Any un-used ‘Cash Card’ credit can be used at future events or redeemed in full at any time.
Did this answer your question?
Patrons are allowed to bring small quantities of food and non-alcoholic beverages for personal use only. As per the Adelaide Oval Conditions of Entry, visitors are not allowed to bring in eskies of any size or type (including foam eskies), cans, tins, metal containers, glass bottles, glass containers or alcoholic drinks. Please note that there is no self-catering in corporate facilities.