Following close consultation with SA Health and SAPOL, Adelaide Oval has confirmed a crowd capacity of 15,000 patrons for Saturday’s Showdown 50.
This number reflects approximately 12,000 members seated throughout the stadium with a further 3000 located in hospitality and club function areas. There will be no general admission tickets sold. Ticketing information will be communicated directly to Members by their membership representative.
The venue’s revised COVID Management Plan also includes additional measures regarding the staggered timing of fan entry and exit, these being:
- Hospitality and Club Function attendees: Patrons attending the game using a Hospitality or Club Function ticket MUST arrive prior to 6PM via the gate marked on their ticket. Designated lanes will be open from 5PM. At the final siren, these fans will be asked to wait for 15 minutes while other patrons exit the venue to further spread out the egress of patrons following the game.
- Members: Patrons attending using a Club or Football membership ticket MUST arrive from 6:10PM onwards via the Gate marked on their ticket. At the final siren, these fans will be asked to leave the venue first, with all post-game activities cancelled.
The SANFL Showdown curtain raiser will go ahead with no crowd but will be available live and on demand on SANFL Digital Pass and SEN SA Radio.
“These staggered entry times are an important new COVID safety measure approved by SA Health that has enabled us to have a crowd for Saturday’s game through the minimising of crowd congestion,” said Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority COO Adam Vonthethoff.
“I thank patrons in advance for following these additional measures and helping us to create a safe, fun environment for what is always a hard fought game.”
Other measures for Showdown 50 include:
- In line with state-wide mask requirements, fans will need to wear a mask at all times and in all areas, except when eating and drinking;
- All consumption of food and beverage must be seated; and
- Seating rows will be separated by two empty rows, with the first two rows of the stadium also left empty.
As always, fans will need to check in to the venue using official COVID Safe QR codes and maintain social distancing and hygeine precautions.
The free THINK! Road Safety Footy Express will run as normal. Patrons can access more information at Adelaide Metro.
Media inquiries: Phil Martin, Michels Warren PR on 0418 817 876