This morning Adelaide Oval welcomed its 25,000th tour patron since the ground reopened in December last year.
Congratulations to Judy who is the lucky winner of an evening in the Audi Stadium Club for the Adelaide Strikers v Melbourne Stars KFC T20 Big Bash cricket match on 18 December.
Demand for the tours has been incredible with people coming from all over South Australia, Australia and the world to see the redeveloped Adelaide Oval. While the Oval is undoubtedly the main attraction, the real stars are the volunteer guides. Their passion and knowledge is what makes a tour of the Adelaide Oval such a fantastic experience.
Some facts and figures about Adelaide Oval tours:
- The 25,000 who have come through the Oval since December 2013 include tourists, school groups, corporate groups and locals.
- A record 300 patrons toured the Oval on September 19, 2014.
- The Adelaide Oval SMA now has 85 guides, all of whom are volunteers, and are in the process of inducting a further 20.
- The Oval averages around 6-7 tours every weekday.
- Adelaide Oval will operate tours on Saturdays from early January 2015 with the long term goal of conducting tours seven days a week.
Information on Adelaide Oval Tours:
- People are encouraged to book early by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (08) 8205 4700.
- Public tours run Monday to Friday 11am & 2pm.
- Group bookings are available by appointment to book call (08) 8205 4700.
- Adelaide Oval Football Members and SACA Members are admitted to standard tours free of charge on presentation of membership. Bookings are still required.
- RAA Members receive a 20% discount on tours on presentation of their RAA membership card.
Adelaide Oval Tours and Museums are proudly supported by RAA.