Skip to content

Following this week’s release by the State Government of the new Testing, Tracing, Isolation and Quarantining (TTIQ) model, the Board of the Stadium Management Authority has determined that Adelaide Oval will become a double COVID-19 vaccination only venue.

This decision, which comes into effect from Tuesday 23 November, applies to anyone aged 12 and over entering Adelaide Oval for any reason.

Proof of double vaccination will be required of all game and event day patrons, all functions and events guests, all visitors to the stadium, all RoofClimb and Adelaide Oval Tours participants, as well as all suppliers and contractors. A double vaccination policy for all Adelaide Oval staff was introduced earlier this week.

“This practice is becoming increasingly common at major event venues in Australia and around the world,” said Adelaide Oval CEO Andrew Daniels.

“We are making this announcement now to provide everyone attending Adelaide Oval with maximum confidence that they are entering a very COVID safe environment.

“Having carefully analysed the TTIQ model and the new testing and quarantine requirements, we believe this is the only way we can minimise the risk for our staff, our patrons, and our business.

“We understand that not everyone will be happy with this decision.

“However, as the heart of sport, major events and functions in the State, we believe we have a responsibility to lead to ensure we can continue to safely deliver for South Australia.”

People who are double vaccinated will be required to display their COVID-19 Digital Certificate via their smartphone prior to entry. Where this is not possible, a printed immunisation statement along with proof of identification will be accepted.

Those with an official medical exemption will need to show their certificate of exemption and provide a recent negative test result no older than 72 hours.

This requirement will be enforced, with individuals who are not able to provide proof of double COVID-19 vaccination, or a valid exemption, denied entry. Anyone found to have entered the stadium without the necessary proof of status will face removal from the stadium, ticket cancellation and a three-year venue ban.

The only exception is Oval Hotel where guests will not currently be required to demonstrate proof of double COVID-19 vaccination to stay, pending further advice from SA Health as to their recommended approach for the hotel industry; however, they will not be able to enter any other part of the stadium without it.

 

35,000 for Vodafone Men’s Ashes Test match

Crowds of up to 35,000 will be able to attend events at Adelaide Oval including the upcoming Vodafone Men’s Ashes Test match and KFC Big Bash League fixtures following an update to the Adelaide Oval’s COVID Management Plan.

Patrons will still be required to wear a mask at all times other than when eating or drinking – this includes when entering, exiting and moving around the stadium and whilst seated watching the event. All other current guidelines including QR coding and a ban on vertical consumption remain unchanged.

“This is fantastic news for cricket fans as we build-up to what is promising to be a tremendously exciting summer of cricket,” Mr Daniels said.

“In particular, to have up to 35,000 for the Ashes Test is a great result given Adelaide Oval’s international reputation for producing a brilliant day-night contest.”