The South Australian Cricket Association welcomes all South Australians to come to Adelaide Oval on Wednesday, 3 December to honour the life of Phillip Hughes.
The funeral service in Phillip’s home town of Macksville, NSW will be telecast live on Adelaide Oval’s big screens from 1.30pm.
Phillip had an enormous influence on cricket in South Australia since he moved here from NSW in 2012, and it is important that SACA provide an opportunity for South Australians to pay tribute at a ground where Phillip left an indelible mark.
His presence will always be felt with SACA’s players and supporters and it will be a fitting tribute for thousands of people to pay their respect at the ground he called home for three seasons.
- All gates will be open from 12 pm.
- Seating will be available in the Western and Riverbank stands. There will be no access to level 3 of the Riverbank Stand.
- The field of play will be accessible after the service to leave a tribute for Phillip near the centre wicket (flat footwear is requested).
- Ground floor amenities in the Riverbank Stand will be open, bars in the Ian McLachlan Room on level 3 of the western stand will be open after the service until 4 pm.
- The north car park will be available to the public until full (free after 11.30am).
Details courtesy South Australian Cricket Association.