The Board of the Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority Ltd. (AOSMA) is pleased to advise that John Olsen AO has been appointed as Chairman for a three-year term.
He replaces Ian McLachlan AO, who served as inaugural Chairman until the official opening of the stadium as per the original agreement between AOSMA’s joint venture partners SACA and SANFL.
Mr Olsen paid tribute to Mr McLachlan’s contribution to the redevelopment of the Adelaide Oval and the work of the AOSMA.
“The fact that our two sports are now not only cohabiting but are also in business together in a productive and harmonious relationship is due in large part to Ian’s drive, determination and stewardship, for which we are grateful,” Mr Olsen said.
Mr Olsen said he was looking forward to the challenges.
“We are now entering an important phase as we consolidate the business model and work with the State Government towards the completion of the build.
“Our objective is to make events at Adelaide Oval the best fan experience in Australia. To that end, much remains to be done to finish the new facilities in order to provide world class events and deliver seamless service on a stable financial model.”
Mr Olsen said remaining build items to be completed included:
- Weather proofing in the Western Stand;
- Oval No. 2;
- Completion of the northern car park including terracing, drainage, irrigation and re-grassing to complement the existing parklands environment;
- Food and beverage facilities in the northern mound;
- Broadcast cabling;
- Balustrade alterations in the Western Stand to overcome sightline obstructions;
- Fit-out of retail shop in the Eastern Stand; and
- Southern Plaza entrance café.
SACA President Andrew Sinclair has been appointed as Deputy Chairman while Ian McLachlan will continue serving as a Director.
The Adelaide Oval SMA Ltd. is a joint venture company limited by guarantee. The eight-member Board comprises SACA and SANFL-appointed directors.