Adelaide Oval patrons are being advised to arrive early for all future events including this Saturday’s match between Adelaide and Fremantle due to an increase in security measures.
Additional security staff and search technology will be present at entrance gates and other key locations this weekend by the Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority in response to the incident in Manchester.
“I would like to reiterate that we are not responding to any advice of an increased risk at Adelaide Oval,” said Adelaide Oval SMA CEO Andrew Daniels.
“Patron safety is our absolute priority, so we are simply taking additional measures we believe are appropriate in light of what we know from Manchester.
“As always, our security measures will be guided by the advice of relevant authorities including SAPOL.”
Patrons are being asked to remember five key things ahead of their next visit to Adelaide Oval:
1. Arrive early: Increased security measures will have an impact on the time taken to admit patrons to the stadium. Please allow an extra 20 minutes and don’t leave your arrival until the last minute.
2. Be patient: Security inspections take time, so please understand it will likely take a little longer to move people into the stadium.
3. Limit the number of bags you bring: Each bag has to be inspected, so the more you bring the longer it will take. Please prepare your bags for inspection by our staff.
4. Co-operate with staff at all times: Our security and event staff are doing an important job, so please help them by co-operating at all times.
5. Be our eyes and ears: If you see something you think is suspicious, immediately inform one of our staff or police.