roofclimb returns to the sky
Across the weekend over 50 South Australians took the chance to experience the fresh air, magical view and great outdoors from the Adelaide Oval rooftop once again.
The reopening of RoofClimb Adelaide Oval last Saturday 16 May follows the easing of COVID-19 restrictions for outdoor activities by the State and Federal governments, operating under the guidance of SA Health.
A number of measures, in addition to the already strict operational procedures, have been implemented to ensure the safety and wellbeing of climbers and climb leaders.
“We are delighted to be re-opening RoofClimb for the people of South Australia. It’s the perfect opportunity for all locals who have had a RoofClimb on their ‘must do’ list to book in for a special South Australian ticket price of $99,” said Adelaide Oval Tourism Manager Laura Robinson.
“The JobKeeper scheme has enabled us to bring our RoofClimb leaders back on deck and they’re excited to provide climbers with an experience like no other. A range of climbs are available including day, twilight and night climbs.
“We will continue to monitor the advice of the Government and SA Health and look forward to welcoming interstate visitors back to RoofClimb as the restrictions continue to ease in the months ahead.”
The additional safety measures implemented to ensure the safety and wellbeing of climbers and climb leaders include:
- the reduction of maximum group size from 14 people to eight to ensure adherence with social distancing guidelines;
- climbers are provided a personal over-ear audio system to ensure they can always hear their climb leader while maintaining appropriate distancing on the roof;
- walkways and stairs are being used in lieu of elevators;
- only climbers are permitted to enter the stadium (their support crew must remain outside the stadium gates);
- hand sanitising stations have been made available at the entry and exit points as well as personal stations for each climber in the RoofClimb Lounge;
- the cleaning regime of all surface areas and frequented spaces, including on structure, has been increased;
- climbers and RoofClimb leaders are subject to temperature checks before entering the RoofClimb Lounge.
For further details on RoofClimb and availability of climbs please visit the RoofClimb website