Adelaide Oval SMA Limited (AOSMA) is committed to the protection of your personal information and handling of that information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
AOSMA will not disclose personal information to overseas recipients. However, if AOSMA does disclose personal information to overseas recipients, it will do so in compliance with the Privacy Act.
1. Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether or not that information or opinion is true and regardless of how it is recorded. AOSMA recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information collected about our customers, suppliers and members.
3.1. the kinds of personal information that we collect and hold;
3.2. how we collect and hold personal information;
3.3. the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
3.4. how you can access personal information about yourself that is held by us and seek the correction of such information;
3.5. how you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds us, and how we will deal with such a complaint; and
3.6. whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
5. The types of personal information we collect about you, and our use of that information, depends upon your dealings with us. Generally, the types of personal information we collect and hold may include your name, residential address or PO box number, your email address, other contact information (e.g. Skype details, fixed and mobile phone numbers), occupation, date of birth, gender, your driver’s licence number, financial information (i.e. for invoicing and payment of services) and the AFL club for which you barrack or are a member.
6. If you do not provide all of the personal information we require, it may affect our ability to provide you with the products or services you are seeking.
7. Sometimes we collect this information through our selected agents. We require our agents to tell you if they are acting as our agent in a transaction and whether they will be collecting your personal information. Our agents are required to protect your privacy when they deal with personal information on our behalf.
How we collect and hold personal information
9. We generally collect personal information directly from you. We may collect your personal information in person, or by telephone or through written information or forms that you submit to us, including via our website, when you complete an online application or registration, enter a competition or complete a survey.
10. We collect personal information that we require for the purposes of our business functions and activities.
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
12. There may be occasions where you wish to deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym (i.e. a name, term or descriptor that is not your actual name), and we will enable you to do this wherever possible, practicable and lawful.
Management and storage of personal information
13. We take active steps to protect the security of your personal information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised use, modification or disclosure. We keep personal information in both electronic and paper based records. We use the following security measures:
13.1. secure and alarmed offices;
13.2. locked files and cabinets;
13.3. passwords on all our computers, and internal restrictions where appropriate;
13.4. a firewall on our computer network, which is monitored; and
13.5. virus protection software.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
15. We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
16. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us holding, using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes of:
16.1. providing our products and services to you;
16.2. responding to enquiries and provide you with information you have requested;
16.3. verifying your identity for the purpose of admitting you to Adelaide Oval to attend football and cricket matches other events and functions at the Oval;
16.4. contacting with you or otherwise marketing, promoting or providing to you the goods and services we offer from time to time (including direct marketing to you via letter (direct mail), SMS, MMS, email or other forms of commercial electronic messages), either from us or a third party business which we consider may be of interest to you, including without limitation our business partners, promoters, affiliated entities (such as SACA, AFL, AFL clubs), sponsors and third party service providers from time to time (including their related bodies corporate);
16.5. communicating with you and providing you with information about, and promoting or marketing, events, functions, products or services;
16.6. managing your account with us (if you have one);
16.7. managing our relationship with you; and
16.8. for job applicants, assessing your eligibility and qualifications for potential employment with us.
17. We continue to be bound by the SPAM Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) when we undertake direct marketing and we will comply with the provisions of these Acts. If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from us, you may “opt out” of our list and your name will be removed from our marketing list.
18. We may also disclose personal information to third party contractors who may be performing services for us which involves your personal information, or a third party where we are required or authorised by law to do so. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
21. From time to time we may engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information. However, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosure. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the Australian Privacy Principles, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
22. We will only transfer your personal information outside of Australia otherwise, with your consent or where we are otherwise legally permitted or required to do so.
Access and correction
23. Under the Australian Privacy Principles you have the right to access and request the correction of personal information that we hold about you. We may require you to provide us with sufficient identification before providing access to your personal information. If we are required or authorised by law to do so, we may refuse access.
25. Access to your personal information may be provided in a number of ways, including by providing you with a hard copy of the information, or by allowing you to view our records.
26. If you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us at the details shown below. If you satisfy us that any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, we will amend our records accordingly.
Enquiries and complaints
27. If you have any questions, enquiries or complaints, then please contact our Privacy Officer. Our Privacy Officer will take reasonable steps to promptly respond to you. Our Privacy Officer’s contact details are:
The Privacy Officer
Adelaide Oval SMA Limited
PO Box 900
North Adelaide SA 5006
Telephone: (08) 8211 1100
28. We request that you first make any complaint to us in writing. We will confirm receipt of your complaint and your complaint will be investigated and we will respond to you within a reasonable time. If you are not satisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner with your complaint. Their contact details are:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: (02) 9284 9666
29. We may use “cookies” on our website. Broadly put, a cookie is a small text file that we may place on your computer. Cookies are usually used as a means for our websites to remember your preferences and are designed to improve your experience of our website. Cookies may collect and store personal information about you. We do not use the information stored in those cookies to collect information about you. You may configure your web browser to refuse or disable cookies.
30. Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the use and protection of your personal information on those other websites. We cannot warrant the privacy or security of personal information during transmission to our website at www.adelaideoval.com.au
31. When you visit and browse our website, our website host and some third party service providers may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes.
32.1. the number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
32.2. the date, time and duration of a visit;
32.3. visiting patterns of individuals accessing our website;
32.4. the IP address of your computer; and
32.5. the path taken through our website.